Just experienced a very warm gesture last Thursday.
I was supposed to attend a Christmas party the following day, and being the last minute person I am, shopping for a present for the gift exchange only on the day before.
Selecting a present was not as tedious as searching for a place to wrap it. I was fortunate enough to notice a lady wrapping something up as I passed her shop. Without hesitation I went in.
She took some spare wrapping paper and got to work. It was an exquisite job. She deserved a few good dollars for her work.
"Here you go, you don't have to pay!"
Huh? I don't know whether I was stupid or what, but I couldn't understand what she said intially. I just couldn't believe it.
"Are you sure you don't want money for it?"
"Yup. Just treat it as a small gift from me. This is a season of giving. Merry Christmas!"
At that moment, I just couldn't bear to give away the present. It had some genuine love inside. But Keeping it to myself would defeat the purpose of the season of giving, and the lady's intentions.
I just hope the recipient would like it.
Coincidence or otherwise, the recipient declared aloud during the party that she needed what I got for her! It was just so divinely sweet.
I didn't spend much on that present, nor did I receive a very expensive gift either, but I got something that money couldn't buy.
The gift of experiencing true Christmas - The Season of Giving.
Monday, December 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
couldn't agree with you more...
btw, where's my x'mas pressie huh?
hehe!
Post a Comment