Monday, January 12, 2009

Lord bless my football girls

I was very touched by my players today.

Told them to do a 3v3 AvD drill. My captain was full of running. She was so earnest and robust, she took on the whole defence on her own countless times.

Her speed, strength, and footwork has improved tremendously in just over one month. I really couldn't believe it, until I saw for my own eyes!

Even my DM has improved a lot. You look at the way they cheong you know. There was fire in her running. They want to score.

My DC came despite the doc telling her that she has a loose ACL. What else could I expect from her? She is risking their limbs to play!

Somehow, girls (and women) have this stubborn threshold of pain that eclispes boys (and men). They want something so badly, they just endure all pain and push on.

Respect.

I just want to thank God for inheriting this bunch of passionate players, and please bless them with your grace, don't let them get injured.

And of course, bless this team with enough players from the incoming J1 cohort so that we can send an 'A' girls team.

So that their efforts and sacrifices will not be in vain.

So that they can realise their dreams!

Hallelujah!

http://www.imeem.com/sarahgaile08/music/eLqZRl4Z/hillsongs_for_all_youve_done/

No comments: