Today my team won a penalty.
I walked up without invitation, took (more like snatched) the ball from the strikers.
Missing two penalties in a game sometime in 2006 did do me some good. I never felt pressure again from taking penalties.
I placed the ball on the spot, walked back a few measured steps, and smashed it without much aiming.
But the shot didn't need much aiming. It was too powerful for the keeper to handle. The ball ricocheted off his gloves and went it.
This kind of penalty was the most satisfying, because even if the keeper managed to guess the right way, he will have no hope at saving it. No hope. Totally fulfilling the old school thought of taking penalties. The 100% sure way to score from a penalty.
"Just lap the ball hard. Sure go in one."
What a way to start a new year.
Sunday, January 06, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment