I had trudged through the forums a bit these days, and after reading all those posts, it did got me motivated and discouraged regularly. These are the few facts that I gathered.
Fact 1: Cost of flight training with MFA is RM180,000!
Fact 2: Cost of training with STATA is USD80,000!
It's crazy, really.
Fact 3: There are currently 200 over CPL/IR holders in malaysia who are not employed in the airlines. They are either not interested or not successful with the airlines.
Fact 4: There are a thousand pilots out of job in France.
Fact 5: There will be a shortage of pilots by 2025?
Self-sponsored pilots do not have much chance... Most airlines will only consider ATPL holders with 1500 hours or more. STATA training and all other flight schools will offer at most up to 200 plus hours. Why spend so much time and money just to improve your MSFS skills?
Sigh. This dream is getting more and more unrealistic.
I did an evaluation on myself too, and these are my strengths and weaknesses.
1) I do have good grades, 'O's, 'A's, and uni. Did physics as well.
2) I am not young.
3) I do not know a lot of aircrafts yet.
4) I am working on my attitude in life.
From all of the above, the only way left is just to apply directly to the cadet pilot programme. That seems to be the only way out. The rest are simply not realistic.
No matter what, I can always take up private flying. I believe I still have the savings to pull it off.
Either way, it'll be an experience of a lifetime.
Sunday, November 09, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment