Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Blessed over and over again

"God are you sure or not? Can girls even play football?"
(They played till their legs dropped, sprained, hamstring cramped, puked, and yet they refused to give up.)

“God are you sure? This player looks like she doesn't know what is happening. She doesn’t even have a proper pair of boots. Her shoes are canvas.”
(She never gave up running against JJ, and scored a goal against IJ despite a hamstring cramp.)

“God you sure we have got enough players to go for a season? We don’t even have enough to go for training!”
(We’ve got just nice, all 14 who can play and win games.)

“God we came and wasted our time here. We didn’t even manage to play a single game!”
(We managed to scout the standard of the other schools in that afternoon.)

“God I don’t know how to train this team anymore. I don’t understand them.”
(They started being independent and blessedfully results came their way only after I returned the team to His hands, when I stopped interfering in their training and tactics.)

“God my player in injured in this crucial final game! How?”
(Just at the moment she limped out of the pitch, Sam came around without appointment. Sam was supposed to help out in the next game but he came early.)

“God we conceded a penalty!”
(The ball hit the crossbar, and the subsequent rebound was scored by the penalty taker. Goal was disallowed because the same player had touched the ball twice.)

God I had seen your works and Your hand in my life. You work in Your mysterious ways that only You understood. You have blessed me over and over again. When things don’t seem to work in my understanding, You have shown me how things will turn out.

Time and again You have proved me wrong.
Time and again You have given me a reason in every season.
Time and again You make me smile with gladness.
Time and again You have been my very present help in my time of need.
Time and again You have shown me that persisting in my own ways alone is futile.

Your faithfulness is so strong.
You have never let go of me, and
You have stood with me through the seasons, through it all.

You have blessed me over and over again.

(The players I receive are gifts from God.
How I train and develop them, are my gifts back to God.)

No comments: