From the upbeat title, it would not be difficult to guess my mood today. Yup, I cleared my first day of leave prior to my ORD. Although I only applied for a day's leave on friday (tomorrow), the feeling of walking down the long road leading out of camp on a weekday evening is something to be cherished.
Of course there are more than one reason to feel happy today :)
I am fortunate that I am free tomorrow, because I have a dinner with my hostel friends at their annual dinner and dance. I was invited back in the capacity as an alumni by my old friend. It had been a while since I last met up with them. Really looking forward to meeting them again.
While I am happily blogging online now, my mates are busy doing SK back in camp. The dreaded heritage room, cutting of wooden poles for NDP, combat shoot stores, friday guard duty... Don't we hate others for making their work ours? That 1SG Fat Ranger @)*&@)#*@. I hope my friends can ORD soon as well! I can tell anyone out there honestly, it is not the tough training that gets people down in the army, but the SKs. Tough training makes one swell with a sense of achievement after it, but SK will only result in more damaged self-esteem.
So much for living life without worth. It doesn't take much clairyovance to realise that.
Thursday, March 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment