All these while I had always believed someone was watching out for me up there, even when I was not a believer in Christ.
When my hand struck the landing skid of the helicopter while doing my live descent during NS days, I lost control of the rope and free-falled for 10 metres down the rope. If my line man wasn't alert and tightened the rope, I would have pummeled to my death.
And I was almost knocked down by a van near my school when I crossed Watten Drive without really checking the incoming vehicles from the main road. (Was too preoccupied thinking about work then!)
And the feeling of unpeace when I sat in the car, that led me to that conclusion what I wanted to do with my life.
And today, when the boy gave me a tackle that fell me to the ground face flat, after I got up the opponent players immediately came up and restrained me and held me back for goodness knows what. It was only after the game that my friends told me they were quite worried that I will retaliate because the tackle seemed very terrible. Will break shin bone that type! They were so worried for me! And then I thought I had a routine fall, and I didn't even feel anything.
If you were to ask me how I felt given this position last year this time, I would have attributed it to luck.
But now I know, that it is actually the Lord who has protected me from being the fourth person I know in my life after Ace, Ah Koh, and CK to suffer a broken shin bone.
Hallelujah!
Saturday, August 08, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment