Saturday, February 18, 2006

A Day of Many Firsts.

For those of you who are observant enough, this blog was posted not very long after I posted the previous one about the budget. Please do not misunderstand me as a pathetic no life SAF personnel blogging alone on a lonely saturday afternoon.

Actually I had planned to go for a jog (like that also got life meh?) later in the day at around 1730 hrs, after a good 3 days of *rest* from my MC. (Rest = 3 days of swallowing and spitting blood from my wisdom tooth wound). But alas! The sky was overcasted with ominous looking clouds.

So I am confined to my computer again.

I think I digressed too much. I haven't mentioned so far a single thing about the firsts which I had achieved today.

1. Starting with the most trivial, I managed to obtain an aegis and divine rapier in a Dota game today. Chao owning! All the enemy heros died like wimps under my mightly slashes! Muahahahaha. So childish... haha. For those who could not appreciate what is an aegis and divine rapier, they are the holy grail of items in dota. What do you think of a weapon that gives +250 damage and saves you from dying 3 times? Nothing comes close to them. Period.

2. I made my first online transaction today with my debit card! After a long time of reservations about the security of purchases made online, I finally made up my mind to buy two movie tickets to Memoirs of Geisha from the GV website. Reasoning : If so many people had done it before without complains, I guess it should be pretty safe for a noob like me to try right? Somemore if I do not buy them early online then I might run the risk of ending up with front row seats if I bought them late. So just heck care and buy lah! Be a man! Decisive! Just like the army posters, "If I didn't want to explore my limits, I would have ended up in the office."

3. I finally managed to squeeze a fishball into my mouth after so many days!



My mouth couldn't really open to its usual maximum size for the past few days due to the swollen cheek. Although I could squeeze an entire fishball in today, that does not mean I could chew it up lah, cos I could only use my left set of teeth until the wound fully recovers. Therefore, I had to take the ball out after putting it in. (Putting it in was meant to test my jaws, not to eat it).

The rain still showers the land savagely. Looks like my plans to relieve myself of the arrhythmia caused by the past few days' lack of exercise will be foiled. But it's ok! Today rain means tomorrow won't rain so tomorrow's soccer game will be played in good weather! haha!

Soccer is forever more important than running. (That's why I'm still a lousy player).

No comments: